Monday, June 27, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 38:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 38:8
"But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me;"

This verse made me wonder if the Lord has ever been in my midst yet I couldn't see him. I reflected on the times I have experienced the feeling that someone is watching me and no one is there. Really most of the times that just feels creepy. I have felt enveloped in love and the spirit really strong as I've reflected on various things. I know the feeling of the Holy Ghost being near, is that the same as feeling the Lord looking at you? As I sat here pondering I realized I have never felt like someone was watching me while I have sat in the celestial room in the temple. Of all places I would think I would feel the presence of a spirit there. I have also been in the temple and knew the Lord was there at that very moment. If I could have got up and walked the halls I knew I would have found the very room he was in. Yet he wasn't in the room I was in. I think he can look at us and we just don't feel it. Why? Because when we are alone we truly are ourselves. He knows us for who we really are.


Day 457

No comments:

Post a Comment