Sunday, June 12, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 23:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 23:1
"Behold, I speak unto you, Oliver, a few words. Behold, thou are blessed, and art under no condemnation. But beware of pride, lest thou shouldst enter into temptation."

It would appear that pride is the door in which temptation enters. Humility and pride cannot dwell with each other. The loss of humility is to enter into pride. It amazes me how easy it is to slip from one state to another. It is my greatest struggle in life. A constant battle I have to be ever watchful of. I hold humility as a precious gift so easily lost and ever cherished. I constantly pray that I can be humble and not be compelled to be humble. That I will be mindful of the lose of humility before pride over takes me. I know I cannot have the spirit as my constant companion otherwise. Pride is the one way Satan can grasp the heart of the righteous man. It is the only tool that will work at that point. Once pride creeps in the door is open for all types of allowances and sins. I just want to keep that door shut or stand so far from it that my arms cannot reach to open it. 


Day 442

No comments:

Post a Comment