Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 9:24-25

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 9:24-25
"And if it so be that they perish, we know that many of our brethren have deserted over unto the Lamanites, and many more will also desert over unto them; wherefore, write somewhat a few things, if thou art spared and I shall perish and not see thee; but I trust that I may see thee soon; for I have sacred records that I would deliver up unto thee.
My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever."

This is the 2nd to last chapter in the Book of Mormon. Tomorrow I finish it. In this chapter Moroni records the last epistle his father Mormon sent to him. I know he did see his father one last time because he did get those sacred records. In this epistle Mormon records how depraved the people had become. It is horrible and to much. Prior to reading this I had been on Facebook reading the news of the day. I was crying over how depraved and immoral people were becoming. I had asked myself what can I do when I see such wickedness being accepted in the world. My answer was to go read my scriptures, to bring me peace.

As I read my heart hurt to see that it can and will get only worse in the end. Yet the last words of Mormon to "rest in your mind forever" the things of Christ, tells me this is the only way I will get through the days I live in. I have to keep my eye on Christ and walk in his direction. I think it only normal for God's people to grieve over the wickedness of men. We need to continue to do all in our power so the sins of others do not fall upon us, and they have the opportunity to repent. These are more of the words of Mormon to his son.

"And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for it we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God." (Moroni 9:6)

So as I ended pondering on these verses the words of the song "Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel" played in my mind. There are so many good people that don't accept the wickedness happening in the world today. It is for their sake that there is much work to do. Light will attract light, many are searching and need the light of Christ that brings peace to his children. I need to focus on the good and get to work preserving and carrying on God's work on this earth. God is not done with his people. These are the words that bring joy to my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment