Saturday, May 21, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 1:37-38

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 1:37-38
"Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.
What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice of by the voice of my servants, it is the same."

The Lord cannot lie, for every prophecy he has ever uttered will come to pass. I know its up to me to know of his prophecies, and what is to come. The best way to do that is to read the scriptures and ponder them myself. I still don't like to read other people's books about the scriptures. I have no guarantee that they did not twist the meaning. I thrill in reading the scriptures myself and hearing the Lord's voice in them. Through the spirit I will know if my understanding is true. General Conference talks are modern day scriptures and I enjoy reading what the prophets and apostles have said. I am so blessed to have access to all these scriptures and words of the prophets. What a blessed time I live in. What a blessing technology is in helping me have accesses to all of God's words. The ability to search and cross reference verses means even someone like me can can study the word of God. I just feel so blessed.


Day 420

No comments:

Post a Comment