Saturday, May 14, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 5:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 5:2
"O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee, in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this wine to the souls of all those who drink of it, that they may do it in remembrance of the blood of thy Son, which was shed for them; that they may witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they do always remember him, that they may have his Spirit to be with them. Amen."

Every Sunday I hear this sacrament prayer and get to sit in silence with my own thoughts remembering my Savior. I cherish this time, and its never long enough. Even now the thought of it makes me cry. The partaking of the sacrament renews me. It's almost like I have a weeks worth of spirit in me to get me through to the next week. I need this renewal or I weaken spiritually. I have often pondered on this and wondered if the sanctified bread and water I partake of actually physically changes my body. That while I am internalizing it and pondering on the Lord this combined act effects my soul. What is a soul? Its the union of the body and spirit they are joined together. I have no value out of taking a piece of bread, or slipping water, if I do not ponder on the Lord in my soul while doing so. Through this renewal I have the promise of the Spirit to always be with me. That is exactly what I seek. That is the gift I am grateful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment