Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 9:1-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 9:1-3
"And now I, Moroni, proceed with my record. Therefore, behold, it came to pass that because of the secret combinations of Akish and his friends, behold, they did overthrow the kingdom of Omer.
Neverthless, the Lord was merciful unto Omer, and also to his sons and to his daughters who did not seek his destruction.
And the Lord warned Omer in a dream that he should depart out of the land; wherefore Omer departed out of the land with his family, and traveled many days, and came over and passed by the hill Shim, and came over by the place where the Nephites were destroyed, and from thence eastward, and came to a place which was called Ablom, by the seashore, and there he pitched his tent, and also his sons and his daughters, and all his household, save it were Jared and his family."

What struck me is how the Lord took the righteous out of the area where Jared and Akish and their secret combinations could have no effect on them. Omer lost his kingdom and all he had, but he had his life and family. Later after Jared, Akish and his sons are destroyed from within, the kingdom is restored to Omer. I pondered on how there will always be trials and hardships in life. The key is to be on the Lord's side. He can and will preserve us through those trials. It may be hard for the moment as he moves us to safety. Then if we are faithful his blessings come. I know that is true because my trials have turned out in the end to be my greatest blessings. It's important to trust the Lord, and that he has a plan. It does all work out for my good in the end. I have been so incredible blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment