Monday, May 2, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 8:22-23

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 8:22-23
"And whatsoever nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed; for the Lord will not suffer that the blood of the saints, which shall be shed by them, shall always cry unto him from the ground for vengeance upon them and yet he avenge them not.
Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain - and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be."

I truly feel we have secret combination not only in our land but throughout the world. What struck me was the part "and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you". I had to ponder on what that meant for me. I hope with all my heart I have not accepted any secret combinations. I would prefer to be one of the saints that are murdered by them then to be part of that Satanic society. Yet I think this is telling me if I don't do everything in my power to not let them get above me, for them to excel in their support among the people, then I will be judged for it. I cannot be a silent bystander. I think we are facing the most critical period and election of our times. I cannot let secret combinations get above us. I must support God fearing men that will lead in righteousness. I pray for a miracle that such a man will be left standing for our national election. I cannot even think what I will do if I am left choosing the lesser of two evils. To plan that now is to lose faith and hope that miracles can happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment