Monday, May 30, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 10:37

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 10:37
"But as you cannot always judge the righteous, or as you cannot always tell the wicked from the righteous, therefore I say unto you, hold your peace until I shall see fit to make all things known unto the world concerning the matter."

I had a hard day, three separate things grieved my heart. After the first two past I asked my husband if he wanted to go to the movies. I never go, but I wanted to see "The Abolitionist", and taking a break sounded good. I had no idea this movie would also break my heart and make me grieve. At one point in the movie seeing such pure evil and harm done to children I thought to myself  "I don't want to live on this earth any more. It's just so wicked. I just want to get off now." That was a statement on my level of grief and mourning over wickedness, not a condition of depression for me.

In the movie after successfully rescuing some children from the sex traffickers a man says rather surprised "They didn't look like bad people." Timothy Ballard replies "They never do, they never look like bad guys." Those words rang in my head all the way home. When I sat to read this verse tonight the words "you cannot always tell the wicked from the righteous"  grabbed my heart and I knew it was something I needed to ponder over. 

What am I told to do about this matter? "Hold your peace." I asked myself what did that mean? I think its not telling me to be silent or shut up, after all Joseph continued working after being told this. I think its telling me to treasure the peace and the good I know inside me. Be patient and wait on the Lord and he will reveal the wicked hearts of men in time. He can also soften those hearts and work repentance, as in the case with Martin Harris and those lost 116 pages. He can work things to a greater good. I think I just have to be strong and hold on, to that iron rod, and just never let go. Don't give up there is work still to do. I can have peace on the inside even though I weep for what I have been seeing going on around me. Knowing the Lord is in charge has brought my heart comfort and peace tonight.


Day 429

No comments:

Post a Comment