Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 1:1, 4

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 1:1, 4
Now I, Moroni, after having made and end of abridging the account of the people of Jared, I had supposed not to have written more, but I have not as yet perished; and I make not myself known to the Lamanites lest they should destroy me.
Wherefore, I write a few more things, contrary to that which I had supposed; for I had supposed not to have written any more; but I write a few more things, that perhaps they may be of worth unto my brethren, the Lamanites, in some future day, according to the will of the Lord."

I can't even imagine what is must have been like for Moroni. Hiding from the Lamanites because they will seek your life, if they find that you are still alive. Yet, still working on your charge to care and safe guard the golden plates. To record the last of your civilization with what will benefit the descendants of the very people that wiped out your race. How he must have gone over what is in the pages of this record. How precious the space must have been. The words he will give us in these last chapters have to mean a lot. I will take that into consideration as I read the last ten chapters of this book. How faithful he was, how he indeed endured to the end. Even when there was no one left to know if he did or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment