Monday, May 23, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 3:1, 3, 7-8

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 3:1, 3, 7-8
"The works, and the designs, and the purposes of God cannot be frustrated, neither can they come to naught.
Remember, remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men;
For, behold, you should not have feared man more than God. Although men set at naught the counsels of God, and despise his words - 
Yet you should have been faithful; and he would have extended his arm and supported you against all the fiery darts of the adversary; and he would have been with you in every time of trouble."

The chapter contains revelation given to the Prophet Joseph Smith after losing the 116 pages of manuscript from the first part of the Book of Mormon. Joseph lost the power to translate and the gold plates and the Urim and Thummim were taken from him. He needed a season to repent, before the gift to translate and plates were restored to him.

The important lesson was to have Joseph and us, learn to put our trust in the Lord. God's ways cannot be frustrated, only mans. He will be with us in every trouble. The Lord had prepared away to recover from those lost 116 pages. Over 1400 years earlier he had Mormon add the small plates of Nephi, that told the most precious parts of those stories, to the gold plates. Those records could replace what was lost.

As I pondered on this I reviewed so many times I have seen the hand of God in my life. When I have been blessed by following the counsel he has given me, and when I have suffered because I have not. I have learned how important it is to trust God's plan, even when I don't know what that plan is. He has prepared a way if I will just follow him. I have been amazed at the miracles the Lord can perform if I let him.

When I had my Social Security Disability Review last year I knew the issues I had when I first received disability were not what my issues were today. As I filled out my paperwork the spirit was so strong that I needed to be completely honest, even if it meant I would lose my disability. I didn't know how I would survive financially, or physically having to try and work full time. But, the spirit told me "Be honest, and He will bless you." I was honest, and Ioss my disability. Yet I look back now six months from that event, and can tell you the Lord blessed me beyond measure. There are so many areas of my life that have improved because of being honest, and trusting the Lord. Yes, it's hard when you don't know how you will survive. But, if you trust the Lord you will not only survive the time of trouble, but will blossom. All the Lord ever wants to do is bless us, if we let him.


Day 422

No comments:

Post a Comment