Sunday, May 29, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 9:7-9

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 9:7-9
"Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me.
But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right. 
But it it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; therefore, you cannot write that which is sacred save it be given you from me."

This chapter was written after Oliver Cowdery's failed attempt to translate the Book of Mormon. His act of failure has blessed millions. Simply because this revelation was given as a result. It has been my anchor in making so many decisions in life. I truly have had that stupor of thought when the thing that I ask is wrong. I have also felt a burning in my bosom when the answer is correct. Having both experiences have been necessary for me to learn. It has helped me grow more confident in the answers God gives me.

The more I have learned to study the matter out in my mind before I go to the Lord, the quicker the resolutions have come. Studying is not doubting its part of a necessary process to learn and understand the will of God. It truly is amazing how inspiration comes during those periods. Not only do I now move forward in faith that it is God's will, but I also have the wisdom that goes along with it.

The other thing I have learned from Oliver's experience is there truly are never any failures. The Lord gives me learning experiences. I have in the past been rather shaken when the answer I knew God gave me turns out in supposed failure. It has caused all types of doubt in myself and the Lord. It isn't until I learned His wisdom is greater than mine, he had something else to teach me. I see what I called a failure lead to a better way down the road. That the experience brings things together in a way it never would have happened otherwise. His ways are not my ways, and the path he has me walk blesses me in the end. Failures are just another way to grow. Failures can be blessings in disguise in the end. I am so grateful Oliver failed.



Day 428

No comments:

Post a Comment