Saturday, May 28, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 8:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 8:2-3
"Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.
Now, behold this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground."

I sat and pondered on this, and realized I have always felt revelation in my heart and mind. The spirit tells me something is right in my heart and then pure intelligence awakens my mind.  They are connected and never witnessed separately. At least I could never recall a time when I did not feel both together. The joining of both confirms truth. I wonder if this is part of the law of witnesses? 

I also thought about how powerful revelation is. That the great prophet Moses went through the same process when saving the children of Israel, as I did understanding needful things in raising my children. God really isn't a respecter of persons if he gives the same gift to his children to fulfill their roles of stewardship upon the earth.


Day 427

No comments:

Post a Comment