Thursday, May 19, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 10:3-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 10:3-5
"Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

As I read this final chapter in the Book of Mormon a terrible thunderstorm is taking place. It sets my mood even more to read these final parting words of Moroni. He bids farewell to soon go to rest in the paradise of God. Is he injured, or ill I wonder? Someday I want to know how he faired all alone. It's now 421 AD and he is sealing up the records for a future day - my day. Each parting word is a treasure. I wish I could write a little something about each precious verse. How I love the Book of Mormon. It is my anchor and helps me understand all the words of Christ throughout all scriptures.

I know they are true, because they testify of Jesus Christ. It is only through the Holy Ghost that I have a testimony of the truthfulness of these things. I pray you have had a taste of my love for this set of scriptures as I have read it over the past 238 days. I pray you will take up Moroni's challenge to read, ponder and pray about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. If you really want to know you will receive an answer. If someone as simple as I can receive a witness by the Holy Spirit to the truthfulness of this book, then I know you will get an answer too. All you have to do is ask God in faith with a sincere desire to know. Through the power of the Holy Ghost you will know the truth of all things.

I do not let a day go by without reading from the Book of Mormon. While I am reading from other sets of scriptures I will cross reference to at least one Book of Mormon verse. That way I always have my anchor in place. I thrill to see the harmony and consistency in all the holy scriptures. The Book of Mormon is the cornerstone on which they all rest. 

Next, I begin the Doctrine and Covenants, scripture written in my day, the dispensation of the fullness of time. The heavens are open and God speaks to living prophets once again. The fullness of His gospel has been restored and is once again upon the earth. The coming forth of the Book of Mormon opened that dispensation and I am so grateful for it. We are not alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment