Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 2:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Moroni 2:2-3
"And he called them by name, saying: Ye shall call on the Father in my name, in mighty prayer; and after ye have done this ye shall have power that to him upon whom ye shall lay your hands, ye shall give the Holy Ghost; and in my name shall ye give it, for thus do mine apostles.
Now Christ spake these words unto them at the time of his first appearing; and the multitude heard it not, but the disciples heard it; and on as many as they laid their hands, fell the Holy Ghost."

This reminds me of the second article of faith. "We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost."

When I was just eight years old I received after baptism the laying on of hands to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. This chapter tells how it is to be done by those in authority. The key is having that priesthood authority to give this sacred gift. This has been the greatest blessing in my life. I know Moroni knew this was the greatest gift we could have to get us through the trials of our lives. I'm sure the spirit told him all things, even how to continue to protect himself from discovery by the Lamanites that would seek his life. What a comfort the gift of the Holy Ghost must have been to him at this time. I know it is through the spirit I obtain peace. I know that as I am worthy the spirit can be my constance compaion. This is the continual object of my life to remain worthy of the gift I have already been given. To never offend the spirit so it will flee or stay away. I need it as my constant companion.


No comments:

Post a Comment