Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Lamentations 3:26

Today's Favorite Verse: Lamentations 3:26
"It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord."

I was just talking to my family about this. This past year I have gone through much physical and emotional pain. One of the hardest to endure has been my knee. First came the blessings, and being told in time I would be healed. I knew I had faith to be healed, but in my mind I thought we were talking weeks. I would improve a little then I would hurt it again starting the clock over. This third time my body was done with the pain and it brought on stress seizures. I had to accept the fact that healing doesn't always mean in this life. The Lord isn't telling me no, he's just telling me to wait. 

Now I sit in a wheelchair. My wonderful little computer room simply doesn't work any more. How I have loved this beautiful sacred place. Last Saturday the spirit whispered "you have to move". You have to give up the room that you love and move your office out into the living room. Then you can sit in the wheelchair with the leg elevated to control the pain. At first I fought the impression, but it would not leave me. It brought a new emotional anguish of its own. Then I knew to disobey means something else could make it so it's not a choice. Out in the living room is where the Lord wanted my office to be. I tearfully told my husband. He would now get my sacred holy place. I mourned and grieved as if I was the young ruler told by Jesus to give up all his treasure.

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions."
(Matthew 19:21-22)

Since the acceptance of the Lord's will and making plans to move, my heart has had great peace. There is excitement and joy and tender mercies from the Lord. Do you know we lifted part of the ugly old carpet and see a pretty oak floor waiting for me. The Lord always has a better plan. With faith and hope he knows how to rescue me. This coming year has so much promise, even if miraculously viewed from a wheelchair.



Day 1375

No comments:

Post a Comment