Saturday, January 19, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 16:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 16:8
"Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine."

This chapter is written so beautifully that I could see all the Lord has done for his people and how even after rejecting him, his hands are stretched out still. There is sad cycle of how God showers his love upon his people, then sin over takes them. They turn to pride, gluttony, idleness, turn their backs upon the poor and needy, justify the sins of others, and judge unrighteously. The worst is when their sins cause them to feed their children to the fire. Which I think means they no longer teach their children about God and leave them to the fires of hell.

I just sat and wept over how lost they became. My heart cried how do I not go this same path? How do I not leave the goodness of the Lord? Then I went back and read the beginning of the chapter and saw the key. Never leave His embrace. Don't break my covenants and leave Him. Love the Lord back with all my heart. Let Him call me mine. Remember I am nothing without the Lord, and do not turn to pride. 



Day 1393


No comments:

Post a Comment