Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 5:14-15

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 5:14-15
"Moreover I will make thee waste, and a reproach among the nations that are round about thee, in the sight of all that pass by.
So it shall be a reproach and a taunt, an instruction and an astonishment unto the nations that are round about thee, when I shall execute judgments in thee in anger and in fury and in furious rebukes. I the Lord have spoken it."

I pondered on how loving the Lord God is. How merciful he is to his children. Then why must he punish them? Then I thought about my parents having to punish me as a child. What I learned from it. I though of myself having to punish my children. Even when I didn't want to see them loose privileges and suffer loss. Sometimes one children's disobedience caused the whole family to suffer. Yet, it was for their good. It was also for the good of the other children. So they would learn by example the price of disobedience. It's hard to be a good parent and raise children in righteousness. It would take a God to handle this on such a massive scale.



Day 1382


No comments:

Post a Comment