Sunday, January 6, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 3:18-19

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 3:18-19
"When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou has delivered thy soul."

I thought about the prophet and what a heavy responsibility he has. He must warn of wickedness or the blood of the wicked will be upon his hands. He also must not lead us astray or he will be removed from his place.

"The Lord will never permit me or any other man who stands as President of this Church to lead you astray. It is not in the programme. It is not in the mind of God. If I were to attempt that, the Lord would remove me out of my place, and so He will any other man who attempts to lead the children of men astray from the oracles of God and from their duty.
It matters not who lives or who dies, or who is called to lead this Church, they have got to lead it by the inspiration of Almighty God. If they do not do it that way, they cannot do it at all..."
(Wilford Woodruff, General Conference 6 Oct 1890, and Doctrine and Covenants, Official Declaration 1)

I am grateful to know that this is the condition to be called the prophet of God. Yes, I need my own testimony of what he says is true, but it;s comforting to know he will tell me the will of God and warn me in times of danger.



Day 1380

No comments:

Post a Comment