Thursday, January 17, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 14:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 14:7
"For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to inquire of him concerning me; I the Lord will answer him by myself:"

So why would someone that separated themselves from the Lord, and was putting up stumblingblocks inquire of the prophet? Then I realize it was not to know the Lord, it was to challenge the prophet about the Lord. In particular to challenge the prophet about something he said came from the Lord.

Do I see that in my day?  Absolutely! and interestingly enough we talked about this very thing tonight in family scripture reading. About how they are blinded even to the fact they have become exactly what the scriptures have warned about. They cannot even see themselves in the story any more. No wonder I am to liken the scriptures to myself. For to not do that, you run the risk of being blinded to what you have become.

The sad part is "the Lord will answer him by myself". That is not a good thing. The next verse says how the Lord will handle them. I would not want to be in their shoes.

"And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the Lord."
(Ezekiel 14:8)



Day 1391

No comments:

Post a Comment