Monday, January 28, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 25:17

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 25:17
"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

I actually had a conversation earlier today with my son about this. With the wickedness around us and the laws supporting in too, why has the Lord's wrath not come down upon us?  I reminded him that it is for the sake of the righteous among them that they are spared.

"But behold, it is for the righteous’ sake that it is spared. But behold, the time cometh, saith the Lord, that when ye shall cast out the righteous from among you, then shall ye be ripe for destruction; yea, wo be unto this great city, because of the wickedness and abominations which are in her."
(Helaman 13:14)

Even the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were not destroyed for the sake of ten righteous. It wasn't until Lot and his family left than the Lord's wrath was turned upon it. This shows the importance of the righteous that are living among the wicked right now. While the righteous are still there, there is time for them to repent.



Day 1402


No comments:

Post a Comment