Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 9:12, 17, 21

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 9:12, 17, 21
"The Syrians before, and the Philistines behind; and they shall devour Israel with open mouth. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
Therefore the Lord shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
Manasseh, Ephraim; and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still."

Three times in this chapter I am told "For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still."

It reminds me of this picture of Christ's second coming, where his arms are stretched out still. No matter what I have done, no matter how scarlet my sins, my Savior stands waiting for me with open arms, to return back to Him. I would say don't just walk, but run back to Him. Oh, how sweet will be your joy.



Day 1263

No comments:

Post a Comment