Friday, September 28, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 26:9

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 26:9
"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness."

This is a confirmation of my thoughts early this morning. A habit I had formed was to make reading the Book of Mormon the first thing my eyes read upon waking. That included if I woke up in the middle of the night, which is often. I realized this morning that for several days now I had instead looked at the news first, then read my scriptures. It's funny how quick I can slide. It was just a quick peek to check the news once, and then every day this past week I continued to do it. This morning I realized what had been happening and forced myself to instead read the scriptures first. Oh, how glorious it was. I was reading in Helaman 4 and the scriptures just opened up. I made all these connections to my day. It was amazing how I was being tutored simply by putting my relationship with the Lord first. What I could have lost if I hadn't listened. My soul does need to desire the Lord in the night, and seek Him early.



Day 1280


No comments:

Post a Comment