Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 23:18

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 23:18
"And her merchandise and her hire shall be holiness to the Lord: it shall not be treasured nor laid up; for her merchandise shall be for them that dwell before the Lord, to eat sufficiently, and for durable clothing."

Footnotes:
her = Any success she has will only be as permitted by the Lord.
hire = wages

What this verse reminded me of was the Self-Reliance class I took on small business and now on personal finances. I am learning how I have been given a stewardship over all that I have. Being a wise steward I will make it grow, in order to be of greater service to the Lord and care for others. These classes are teaching me to be spiritually and temporally self-reliant. I was really struck last week on a particular assignment. I was to counsel daily with the Lord over my finances. As the days went by I came to understand I was just barely touching the surface of what counseling with the Lord really means. The Lord is teaching me how to counsel with him and ponder things out. I love it!  I do not know the full course these self-reliance classes will take me or the Church, but I know it's headed somewhere. Maybe it will be part of fulfilling these verses.

Financial Stewardship Success Map

Day 1277

No comments:

Post a Comment