Monday, September 3, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 1:18

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; through they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

This reminds me of what I was pondering on during sacrament yesterday. The phrase "washed white through the blood of the Lamb" came into my mind. I had always wondered how that was done. Then I reflected on the sanctified water representing the blood of Christ. How taking the sacrament renewed my baptismal covenants and I was made clean again. It is by renewing my covenants through the sacrament that I can be washed clean through the blood of the Lamb. Probably not explaining it well, but I understood how very important the taking of the sacrament worthily was in becoming clean and sanctified. Through this continually repentance and cleansing process I will be washed white before the Lord.

"Therefore they were called after this holy order, and were sanctified, and their garments were washed white through the blood of the Lamb."
(Alma 13:11)

"And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."
(Revelations 7.14)

"And no unclean thing can enter into his kingdom; therefore nothing entereth into his rest save it be those who have washed their garments in my blood, because of their faith, and repentance of all their sins, and their faithfulness unto the end."
(3 Nephi 27:19)



Day 1255

No comments:

Post a Comment