Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 24:15

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 24:15
"Wherefore glorify ye the Lord in the fires, even the name of the Lord God of Israel in the isles of the sea."

I was looking at the footnote for fires and it reads "HEB lights; or perhaps a scribal error of "islands". It took several times reading and pondering this chapter to actually see something else.

It is speaking of the events leading up to the second coming. Where the earth will be destroyed. It reminded me of a thought I had about the earth burning, possibly even a nuclear holocaust. I have decided this is nothing to fear, for what happened to Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego when they were cast into the burning fiery furnace can just as well happened to the saints that will remain after the cleansing. Else why would we be told this story and that it's even possible? I pondered on how as Nebuchadnezzar saw them in the fiery furnace walking without harm, there was a fourth person in there with them "like the Son of God". What would have Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego been doing during this event?  I think they were glorifying the Lord who was in their midst. The "HEB light" could be a correct translation for what they saw. Regardless of what happens in life the Lord will be with me, as I remember and glorify him.


Day 1278


No comments:

Post a Comment