Monday, September 10, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 8:16-17

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 8:16-17
"Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.
And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him."

I think this is speaking of the end of the time of the Gentiles, where they have rejected the gospel and it is no longer preached to them. Then we enter the time of the Jews. When Christ's disciples will search out and take the gospel to the Jews and they will receive their Messiah and King. How did I come to that conclusion I don't know. It's just what came into my mind. Now I guess I have to figure out who said that's what it means because the spirit never gives me original thought. I always find a second witness to it.

When Nephi is explaining parts of Isaiah I think these verses are covered in 2 Nephi 25:15-18.

A quote that did come to me while pondering it was what President Nelson said in the April 2018 General Conference talk "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for our Lives".

"But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."

I must have a firm testimony of the gospel for the days ahead. The law of the gospel must be sealed upon my heart. Loving and honoring my God and his laws must mean more to me than life itself.



Day 1262




No comments:

Post a Comment