Thursday, September 27, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 25:4

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 25:4
"For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall."

I pondered on what a strength the Lord has been for me. Then I realized if I am to become like him, I need to be a strength to others too. My hands as his hands. It made me think of the announcement The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints made today in the article "Church Finding Ways to Increase Assistance to Those in Need".

It explained how they are taking their grain stores and converting them into finished products. They anticipate increasing food donations by more than 20 million pounds annually to community charities. Turning the grain into pasta, pancake mix and flour, etc will provide for need more quickly.

I had been pondering on that announcement all day, because I know how far ahead the church looks. Grain in its natural state stores longer than a finished product. This means the church is seeing turn over more important than long term storage. If they need more finished product to help provide need quicker then they are expecting more need. Yeah that kinda points to a lot of things. To provide need not only do you need product you need volunteers to prepare and distribute it. That brings me back to what Isaiah was saying. As the Lord's hands I need to be a strength to others. The Lord will use his servants in answering prayers.



Day 1279


No comments:

Post a Comment