Thursday, September 6, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 4:5-6

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 4:5-6
"And the Lord will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.
And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain."

The footnote for cloud says Divine Protection, and fire says Presence of God. I don't think this is just talking about the temple but also my home, for it should be an extension of the temple, and a place of refuge. I know family prayer and scripture reading has blessed and protected my home. It is a refuge from the storms ranging in the world.

Though it is rather interesting all the things that have happened outside of our home while we have been reading scriptures. The greatest was when a massive tree limb fell down right between our house and my son's car. It fell in the only perfect spot that would not hurt anything. A few inches south it would have hit the room we were in. Time and again I have felt divine protection over my home. It is a refuge for me, especially when I am pondering the scriptures here. 

That reminds me of an article I read in the Church News "President Nelson promises Puerto Rican Saints that 'better days are ahead' after last year's deadly hurricane".  It told of the Ojeda family gathering their family together to read from the Book of Mormon during Hurricane Maria and as promise by President Henry B. Eyring all would be well, and they felt peace inside their home while the storm raged outside.

I am also being reminded of the recent announcement of the "home centered" Church curriculum for 2019. "Rather than just focusing on lessons to be taught in Church, the new curriculum shifts the emphasis to studying as individuals and families at home." I knew this was another example of raising the bar. We have to do better as a people to be all that Lord wants us to be for the days ahead. What great blessing are in store if I just listen and obey!


No comments:

Post a Comment