Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 36:11-12

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 36:11-12
"If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge."

These words are only half truth, in fact in this chapter Elihu speaks one saying after another that just don't sit right. I know God will prosper his people but it does not mean this happens always with material wealth. There is purpose is trials. The wicked do not always see destruction, until they are fully ripe in iniquity. I cannot judge the matter on outward appearances.

I went back to the beginning of this chapter and Elihu even said he had yet to speak on God's behalf.

"Suffer me a little, and I will shew thee that I have yet to speak on God's behalf."
(Job 36:2)

I have to agree he did not start to speak God's words in the rest of this chapter either.

I reflected that I need to be careful when quoting scriptures. For sometimes words that are not true are recorded, simply so God can instruct upon the false concept later. There is a spirit of discernment needed to understand these things.


Day 1047

No comments:

Post a Comment