Sunday, February 18, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 5:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 5:3
"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up."

Yesterday I reflected on saying my prayers before bed. Today my thoughts are upon my morning prayers. This was the hardest of habits for me to develop. Now I just don't know how I ever managed without morning prayer. I think one reason I enjoy morning prayers is because I say them in the quiet of my computer room, when no else is awake in the house. It's also the place I study my scriptures, and the spirit is just burned into these walls. I have a hard time staying for very long on my knees, and for morning prayers I sit at my desk most often with my face inside my hands. Without the distraction of pain I can pray as long as I want.   

Prayer starts my day and sets my heart on the right track. I rely so much on the guidance of the spirit I just have to make sure I ask for it in my morning prayer. I would hate to not have it, simply because I didn't ask. I counsel with my Heavenly Father on concerns so much more clearly in the morning. I am better able to focus on the good that needs to be done that day. If my morning gets out of rhyme and I just don't know if I already said my prayers or not, I just say them again. Sometimes I just say them again because new thoughts come to me and I want to talk to my Heavenly Father again. I have learned that it matters not when, or how, or how often I pray, He's always there to listen.


Day 1058

No comments:

Post a Comment