Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 1:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 1:2
"But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."

The footnote says "law" is Heb for teaching, direction, doctrine.

This made me think of my day and how it is filled from morning to night  pondering the things of the gospel. I read the scriptures the moment my eyes awake. Then there is family and personal scripture study at night. These are all the highlights of the day. In between these times I ponder in my mind what I have read. These breaks are important, for it is in the living of life that the words of God come to new understanding. Something will happen during the course of the day that sheds light on what I read later. All of this gives me much peace. Yes, I could say it is a delight.


Day 1054

No comments:

Post a Comment