Saturday, February 3, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 32:7-9

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 32:7-9
"I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom.
But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment."

Everyone born on this earth was given the light of Christ within them. The ability to know right from wrong, and at times hear the spirit whisper truth and understanding to them. Does not mean they always listen. Just because someone has obtained a great status or fame, or reached a great age doesn't make them automatically wise. Their understanding maybe false. They may also be incredibly wise, if allowing the light of Christ to speak to them. I never know. I just listen and wait for the spirit to confirm truth when it is spoken.

Just like Elihu appears disappointed in the judgment and understanding of older men that have spoken to Job, I have felt that same way about some of my elders. But gratefully wisdom can be found at any age. Those that are older have blessed me in my life with their council. I have also learned wisdom from those much younger. I have had gospel principles open up to me by their simple and sweet words. As God is no "respecter of persons", neither should I be in who I learn eternal truths and wisdom from.


Day 1043

No comments:

Post a Comment