Sunday, February 4, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 33:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 33:3
"My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart: and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly."

This reminded me of something I read by Elder Renlund

"We may incorrectly have an expectation that the Lord will micromanage and direct every minute detail of our lives. God does not do that, because He wants us to learn how to make decisions. In some instances, the Holy Ghost’s role is to help us to think clearly, lead us to the right questions, and help us to organize our thinking. Sometimes the actual answer doesn’t really matter that much, and a definitive prompting or answer does not come. The Lord wants us to simply make a decision, and sometimes either choice is acceptable and right, but Heavenly Father lets us go through the process because learning to make decisions is an important part of learning to be like Him."

Last week I experienced an interesting moment in prayer. I was asking if something I was thinking of purchasing was right. In the middle of it I stopped. I knew it mattered not in the eternal scheme of things. I was free to make the decision on my own. I would be able to clearly know the right decision for me.

From this I knew the Lord trusted me. By striving to have the spirit always to be with me I would lead to the knowledge to make the correct decision for me. I was free to make this choice. I've rather enjoyed the process and I don't know quit how to describe it. The spirit has been there as different things to take into consideration have come into my mind. Time has been needed so I could gather all the information and knowledge on the matter. Allowing me to see beauty in patience and its importance. It's been a very pleasant decision making process, like none other. I'm in a partnership but I get to choose. It has brought a new depth of understanding on the beauty of free agency, and why I need the spirit to always to be with me, to make good decisions in my life.


Day 1044

No comments:

Post a Comment