Monday, February 12, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 41:1, 9, 34

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 41:1, 9, 34
"Canst thou draw out leviathan with a hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?
Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him?
He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride."

What is a leviathan? There was no footnote to tell me what the Hebrew word for it is. I had to search online and it appears it could be a dragon or sea-monster, either are mythical creatures, and that seems to be the whole point. Something that is not real.

Then in the last verse I think I see who God is referring to, it's Satan. He alone is the father of pride. Satan would want me to "believe" in what is not real. He would want me to see power is something that has no true power. He would want me to see a mythical being and think that God is mythical too. I wonder if that is why super heroes are so popular right now? There is more to this, but I think the answers will come in time.


Day 1052


Posted 12 Feb 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment