Saturday, February 10, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 39:26

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 39:26
"Doth the hawk fly by thy wisdom, and stretch her wings toward the south?"

The chapter header says "Man's weakness and ignorance are compared with God's mighty works - Does man even know how the laws of nature operate?" The chapter goes on to name various animals and their behaviors. When I read this verse about the hawk I realized God is saying none of these forces of nature are controlled by man's wisdom, but by Him.

It made me ponder on man's wisdom in trying to control nature. I've lived long enough to see the theory of global cooling turn into global warming and now named climate change. I have wondered how man thinks he knows the law of nature when his theories kept changing? Now I see God is saying only a person out of ignorance would say they can control nature. He can no more control the wind then he can in making a hawk fly. Such a man does not know God.

Day 1050

No comments:

Post a Comment