Sunday, February 26, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 9:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 9:8
"And Moses said unto them, Stand still, and I will hear what the Lord will command concerning you."

The phrase "Stand still" made me pause to ponder on it. I also read the footnotes for this verse.

"In case of difficulty respecting doctrine or principle, if there is not a sufficiency written to make the case clear to the minds of the council, the president may inquire and obtain the mind of the Lord by revelation."
(Doctrine & Covenants 102:23)

I tried to define standing still. It makes me think of waiting. I would be waiting to know the mind of the Lord. It made me think of how I get answers to personal gospel questions. I know the answer will come when I am ready to understand. I just wait, or stand still. I find it best to never force having an answer right now. Then in the normal course of reading the scriptures or other church related materials I stumble upon the answer. I think having the question first prepared me to see something I would have totally overlooked otherwise. I find the answer usually comes within a couple days of when the question first came into my mind. I really, really love these moments of finding hidden treasures of knowledge. I receive when I'm ready to understand. I am given the question to make me ready to receive. It is a marvelous cycle of spiritual growth. 


Day 701

No comments:

Post a Comment