Thursday, February 2, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 12:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 12:7
"Who shall offer it before the Lord, and make an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her blood. This is a law for her that hath born a male or a female."

I really had to sit and ponder on this. I didn't understand why just because a women had a baby and bleed she had to be considered unclean. Why an offering and atonement had to be made? I decided I needed to think about how I felt after having a baby. I was rather crazy. Life was crazy, everything was turned upside down and 24/7 my life was focused on this baby that I adored and would have fought to the death to protect. 

Being left alone and having no responsibility other than my child would have been a blessing. It would have given me some much needed peace. Would it not have been merciful to the women, instead of a punishment. With that in mind would the offering made afterwards been in thanks for this child. For that matter wouldn't this be also covering the emotional burdens the Lord's atonement promises to carry for me. I can see this now not as a punishment for my sex, but a loving God blessing and honoring my womanhood. 


Day 677

No comments:

Post a Comment