Saturday, February 11, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 21:6, 17, 23

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 21:6, 17, 23
"They shall be holy unto their God, and not profane the name of their God: for the offerings of the Lord made by fire, and the bread of their God, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy.
Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.
Only he shall not go into the veil, or come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the Lord do sanctify them."

These verses made me ponder on the need to hold a temple recommend, or be worthy to hold one, in order to work for the church or attend a church college. I also thought upon the need for the priest that blesses the sacrament, and the deacons that pass it, how they must be clean. Those that work in the temple and attend the temple must all be temple worthy and have a current recommend. No where do I see an outward blemish, like being blind, flat nosed, brokenhanded or scabbed causing someone to be considered unworthy. The blemish today is on the inside where no one can see. God alone can see the blemishes. I alone will know if I am clean or if I mock God. What a higher law that is to live. 

Day 686


No comments:

Post a Comment