Sunday, February 12, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 22:3-4

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 22:3-4
"Say unto them, Whosoever he be of all your seed among your generations, that goeth unto the holy things, which the children of Israel hallow unto the Lord, having his uncleanness upon him, that soul shall be cut off from my presence: I am the Lord.
What man soever of the see of Aaron is a leper, or hath a running issue; he shall not eat of the holy things, until he be clean. And whoso toucheth any thing that is unclean by the dead, or a man whose see goeth from him;"

This made me think of taking the sacrament. I do so to become clean so the spirit can always be with me. I though about the cost of taking it unworthily, having my soul cut off from his presence. Total oppose effect of what is desired. There are some sins that prevent the taking of the sacrament until the repentance process is complete. It is far better to repent and not take the sacrament unworthily then to do so as a lie. What is at sake is my soul. The sin just became even greater. I pondered on how true repentance makes us clean again. No matter when I start I'm back on the road home again.


Day 687



No comments:

Post a Comment