Saturday, February 25, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 8:19

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 8:19
"And I have given the Levites as gift to Aaron and to his sons from among the children of Israel, to do the service of the children of Israel in the tabernacle of the congregation, and to make an atonement for the children of Israel: that there be no plague among the children of Israel, when the children of Israel come nigh unto the sanctuary."

The words "that there be no plague among the children of Israel" made me think of one a signs of the last days, plagues. I pondered on the temple and the blessings I have received from attending. I remember after being so ill and unable to hardly do anything I started to go to the temple. At first I went in a wheelchair, then a walker, now with a cane. I could feel myself become stronger after each trip. Slowly I recovered and I knew that I was being blessed and strengthened for temple service. I have experienced physical, mental and spiritually healing through temple attendance. I guess I hadn't thought until now about it protecting me from the coming plagues. This made me do some scripture chasing. 

"Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling."
(Psalms 91:10-11)

"And Araunah said, Wherefore is my Lord the king come to his servant? And David said, To buy the threshingfloor of thee, to build an altar unto the Lord, that the plague may be stayed from the people."
(Samuel 24:21)

"And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles
(Revelations 15:6)

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."
(Revelation 18:4)

"Nevertheless, Zion shall escape if she observe to do all things whatsoever I have commanded her.
But if she observe not to do whatsoever I have commanded her, I will visit her according to all her works, with sore affliction, with pestilence, with plague, with sword, with vengeance, with devouring fire.
Nevertheless, let it be read this once to her ears, that I, the Lord, have accepted of her offering; and if she sin no more none of these things shall come upon her;"
(Doctrine & Covenants 97:25-27)

"And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;
That the cry of the saints, and the blood of the saints, shall cease to come up into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, from the earth, to be avenged of their enemies.
Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen."
(Doctrine & Covenants 87:6-8)

I think of a plague as being an epidemic, covering large numbers of people. It would appear among the faithful covenant keeping saints the number affected will be few, if not at all. I sat and thought about how many temples now dot the earth. How they are there to bless the saints that walk inside their doors. How not only are they spiritually made stronger to endure these days, there is a physical protection over them. I am sure there are many more blessings for active temple attendance than I am even aware of. As each year passes I have heard more and more emphasis on temple attendance. With the increase in temples being built all saints can obtain that blessing. There will come a time when not only is temple attendance vital to us spiritually it will also be to us physically. Maybe it already is? Did not temple attendance heal my depression so long ago? Is depression not an epidemic in our land? There is so much to ponder on this matter. All I know is that the call to stand in holy places is vital to my eternal exaltation, and peace and protection upon this earth. 


Day 700

No comments:

Post a Comment