Saturday, February 18, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 1:2-4

Today's Favorite Verse: Numbers 1:2-4
"Take ye the sum of all the congregation of the children of Israel, after their families, by the house of their fathers, with the number of their names, every male by their polls;
From twenty years old and upward, all that are able to go forth to war in Israel: thou and Aaron shall number them by their armies.
And with you there shall be a man of every tribe; every one head of the house of his fathers."

To me this sounds like the census. I was just working on my family history today and rejoiced over what I found in the US Federal and State Census records. I was finally able to determine which child belonged to which of my great-grandfather's wives. Though some of these records sadly determine how many men there are to go to war, what is left as a result blessed untold generations. I sat and pondered on how God has inspired men to record all types of things that have blessed me in my genealogical efforts. There is a wise purpose in his plans.


Day 693


No comments:

Post a Comment