Friday, February 10, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 20:23-24, 26

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 20:23-24, 26
"And ye shall not walk in the manner of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.
But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people.
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine."

This chapter was similar to Leviticus 18. The difference was for the perversions mentioned it gives the penalty for the sins. It was either death or becoming childless. It was all rather depressing. As I read these I kept seeing in my mind Jesus giving the Sermon on the Mount. Yes, there is love there for our enemies, but also even higher laws to live. 

Maybe it is no longer an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But sin will always pay its price. I do not recall the Savior ever saying there would be no curse on the land when a nation has defiled it. I shudder to think that as my nation grows darker and more perverse the protection of not having our land inherited by another looms over us. There is a covenant on the land that I live, we must worship God, or be wiped off, Inheriting, possession and being kept separated and not cast out all pertain to remaining righteous. I sorrow in my heart for those that feel I should love you in your sins, when your sins leave us all in a precarious state. The greatest act of love is to share God's word so you will forsake them.


Day 685

No comments:

Post a Comment