Monday, February 13, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 23:32

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 23:32
"It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath."

The word celebrate has a footnote, meaning observe. I pondered on the difference. Celebrate sounds more joyful. I reflected on observing the Sabbath and how I really need to celebrate it. God rested from his labors on the Sabbath after the creating the heavens and earth, and man. Would I have not had incredible joy at the conclusion of such a wondrous gift for me? I reflected back on President Russell M. Nelson's conference talk "The Sabbath is a Delight" and searched for the word "Joy". It was there three times. 

Sabbath will lead to joy and rejoicing.
That thy joy may be full.
Can bring immense joy.

I pondered on how for the past several months on Fast Sunday I have been fasting for joy. I don't really know why I have been doing that. I think it began because one Fast Sunday I didn't know what to dedicate my fast to. Then it came to me, to fast for joy and for the love of my Savior. Instead of looking for a want, I could offer my gratitude. It has been such a marvelous experience I have simply continued the practice. The spirit has been so strong during these fasts. I think it's time to move this into each Sabbath. To reflect more upon the joy and rejoicing part of the Sabbath. What I was rejoicing for in heaven I need to rejoice for now. I believe not only will the spirit remain my constant companion, but I will always be filled with joy in doing so. 


Day 688


No comments:

Post a Comment