Monday, February 1, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 36:17-19

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 36:17-19
"And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up to the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more."

I testify that it is just this simply to have our sins forgive. All we need to do is look to Christ and live, to call upon his name and he will forgive us. Just like the brass serpent Moses held up on that pole, as a type of the Savior. All the Israelites had to do is look and live, but some could not because it was to easy. Turning our hearts to the Savior now is just that easy. There's no right or wrong way to do it. There are no certain words you have to say. All you have to do is speak what is in your heart to the Lord and the pain and grief is gone. Remembered no more. All there is is joy. These are the steps to eternal life. Faith, repentance and then entering into his kingdom through baptism. Straight and narrow is the way but few that find it. That is the saddest part of it all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment