Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 58:2, 10-11

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 58:2, 10-11
"And they were so much more numerous than was our army that we durst not go forth and attack them in their strongholds.
Therefore we did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that he would strengthen us and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies, yea, and also give us strength that we might retain our cities, and our lands, and our possessions, for the support of our people.
Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him."

This chapter shows another interesting stratagem that Helaman used to take back a city that the Lamanites had control over. What I noticed was in this story is how they waited many months until they had the assurance of the Lord that they would be delivered. It made me ponder on patience. I don't know if I have increased in my patience because I am older, or if its because I have greater faith in the Lord's timing?

In my age I have come to understand how wise the Lord is in his timing. He knows far better than I when I am ready to receive inspiration or deliverance. The interesting thing is that the more willing I am able to wait for his answers the faster my questions are answered. I can say that life is less stressful for me as I have come to rely on the Lord and his timing for all things in my life.

I know faith has something to do with patience too. Knowing that the Lord is always there for me brings me peace as I wait. Faith gives me the patience to wait. I knows the Lord's timing is perfect, all his judgments are just. As I grow every day reading his words I know the answers do come when I am ready for them. He is the source of all light and inspiration, he awakens my mind when I am ready for it. He is patient with me and I have learned to be patient with myself. I used to get so angry with the Lord, and angry with myself when problems came. Anger never brings answers. It's only through loving the Lord, relying on him, having faith and patience in him, that he will speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment