Friday, February 5, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 40:21

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 40:21
"But whether it be at his resurrection or after, I do not say; but this much I say, that there is a space between death and the resurrection of the body, and a state of the soul in happiness or in misery until the time which is appointed of God that the dead shall come forth, and be reunited, both soul and body, and be brought to stand before God, and be judged according to their works."

I have had a gospel question on my mind. In fact in a recent family scripture reading I told them what I had been pondering on. I was trying to figure out how the scriptures were clear that there is a division between the righteous and wicked at death and where they go. But I also knew there were degrees of glory - Telestial (stars), Terrestrial (moon), and Celestial (sun). I couldn't figure out who went where. I wasn't doubting my faith just pondering on it. I knew the answer would come when I was ready. This chapter answered it for me.

I see it now, it has to do with the space of time between death and resurrection. At death the righteous and wicked are separated. I know that's true for I visited there in my near-death experience. The degree of glory that separate us further comes after my body is once again restored through resurrection, to my soul. As I ponder on this it makes sense that I could not fully enjoy a degree of glory unless I had my glorified body once again. I love it when I see the spirit giving me questions to ponder on for my learning, and then I read the very answer in my daily scripture study. There is more that I pondered on, but I will leave it at that. I so love the harmony and consistency in the gospel.



No comments:

Post a Comment