Friday, February 12, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 47:35-36

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 47:35-36
"And it came to pass that Amalickiah sought the favor of the queen, and took her unto him to wife; and thus by his fraud, and by the assistance of his cunning servants, he obtained the kingdom; yea, he was acknowledged king throughout all the land, among all the people of the Lamanites, who were composed of the Lamanites and the Lemuelites and the Ishmaelites, and all the dissenters of the Nephites, from the reign of Nephi down to the present time.
Now these dissenters, having the same instruction and same information of the Nephites, yea, having been instructed in the same knowledge of the Lord, nevertheless, it is strange to relate, not long after their dissensions they became more hardened and impenitent, and more wild, wicked and ferocious than the Lamanites - drinking in with the traditions of the Lamanites; giving way to indolence, and all manner of lasciviousness; yea, entirely forgetting the Lord their God." 

What an incredible story of intrigue Amalickiah created all to become king of the Lamanites, so he could in turn destroy the Nephites, of once he belonged. I know when people joke about people and their conspiracy theories I have only to look at the secret combinations that happened in the Book of Mormon to know conspiracies are live and well. That is a warning message the speaks very loudly to me in this book. I remember in the 80's hearing some conspiracy theories and I thought people rather nuts that believed them. Today I see them as theories no more, but realities openly spoken of. Never would I have believed I would see the time and days I am living in. I know with all my heart that when Mormon compiled the golden plates together, which was to become the Book of Mormon, that he indeed saw our day. These stories apply to us and I must learn from them. The saddest thing to me is to see the worse dissenters are those that left the church. They are the most wicked and do the most damage to others. When the spirit withdraws from a person all that is replaced is pure evil. What a precious thing the gospel light is, and must be cherished always. I never want to have this taken away.


No comments:

Post a Comment