Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 38:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 38:14
"Do not say: O God, I thank thee that we are better than our brethren; but rather say: O Lord, forgive my unworthiness, and remember my brethren in mercy - yea, acknowledge your unworthiness before God at all times."

I have never had a problem praying and thanking God that I am better than someone else like the Zoramites did. That is not my nature to do so, and a good thing. But what made me stop and ask myself is if I acknowledge my unworthiness as often as I should. If I really sit and think about this, I think I would find something every day I could say I was unworthy about. Something I knew I could do better. My soul feels that is a good thing to seek to do. Not just repent when I know I have done wrong. But, look for ways I always need to do things better. Things that have left me wanting in God's eyes. I think I would have a closer relationship to God if I would do that. 

The other things I ponder on was praying for God's mercy for others. I really need to do that more too. I have some people I pray for that I have left in God's judgment and care, because they don't like me. Hoping some day their hearts will soften. But I think I need to expand this and extend it to mercy. I wonder if Alma the elder was praying for God's mercy on his son and the sons of Mosiah, that caused that angel to visit them? This verse has made me think of these two things about my prayers in a very different light.


No comments:

Post a Comment