Saturday, February 6, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 41:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 41:4-5
"And if their works are evil they shall be restored unto them for evil. Therefore, all things shall be restored to their proper order, every thing to its natural frame - mortality raised to immortality, corruption to incorruption - raised to endless happiness to inherit the kingdom of God, or to endless misery to inherit the kingdom of the devil, the one on one hand, the other on the other -
The one raised to happiness according to his desire of happiness, or good according to his desires of good; and the other to evil according to his desires of evil; for as he has desired to do evil all the day long even so shall he have his reward of evil when the night cometh."

I love this chapter it is confirming more on what I pondered yesterday and answering my gospel question. There is a kingdom of God and a kingdom of the devil two separate places. Yet within them are degrees of glory determined by our desires for happiness. That really fits with the known degrees of glory in God's kingdoms - Telestial (stars), Terrestrial (moon), and Celestial (sun). It would be against the laws of God to let any unclean thing into his kingdom so there has to be another kingdom for those that have never wanted to live his laws.

Then I see that we are raised with the same desire to do good and have happiness as we lived in this life. We do not all have the same desires. The only thing I pondered on was how sad it will be for those that don't try for the highest kingdom, because they could find themselves in no kingdom of God at all. I just don't think it possible to say I don't want God's highest kingdom because I want to sin a little and not do all that is asked. I have to aim for the highest and know where I end is exactly as I have reached for.

No comments:

Post a Comment