Sunday, January 31, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 35:15

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 35:15
"Now Alma, being grieved for the iniquity of his people, yea for the wars, and the bloodsheds, and the contentions which were among them; and having been to declare the word, or sent to declare the word, among all the people in every city; and seeing that the hearts of the people began to wax hard, and that they began to be offended because of the strictness of the word, his heart was exceedingly sorrowful."

I had to look at the footnote for the word offended. It takes me to the topical guide "Prophets, Rejection of". This made me ponder on how being offended makes you reject the prophets. I can't help to think its even more than that. A prophets speaks the will of the Lord and his council. If I reject the words of the prophet then I'm rejecting the Lord too. If I don't think the prophet speaks for the Lord then I'm rejecting both the prophet and the Lord. 

When I've seen changes I don't understand I always know its me with the issue and not the prophet or leader. I know they see things my hardened heart does not. I guess a hardened heart choses to be offended because they would never admit they are the one at fault.  I have been so blessed in my life to understand the danger signs of a hardened heart. I have always sought to humble myself and seek the Lords wisdom and understanding on matters I don't understand. I have never come away left in doubt. Those moments have borne witness of the Lord's plan and the reality of living prophets to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment